Alright fellow Tributes… the final Catching Fire trailer debuted last night during Game 4 of the World Series. Even though it’s only a minute long, there’s plenty to be amped about.
We’re getting our first glimpse of the Quarter Quell arena–an unprecedented (and exciting) marketing decision considering The Hunger Games trailers didn’t show the arena until after the movie hit theaters.
You can check out the trailer for yourself below, but here are some of the things I noticed:
- 0:46 – The 10 o’clock to 11 o’clock sector, the salt water wave that washes out the entire sector to the beach. And that cornucopia is pretty dope.
- 0:47 – I think it’s safe to assume that that is Finnick running with Mags on his back through the woods.
- 0:48 – The locket (but not the pearl?)
- 0:52 – The 2 o’clock to 3 o’clock sector, the paralyzing fog.
- 0:53 – The 3 o’clock to 4 o’clock sector, MONKEY MUTTS!
- 0:55 – The 4 o’clock to 5 o’clock sector, JABBERJAYS!
- 0:58 – The Jabberjay attack–Peeta is definitely yelling at Katniss “It’s not real!”
Chills. I have chills. November 22nd cannot come fast enough.
I also wanted to note that I don’t have the sector times and traps committed to memory. I found an awesome fan-made map/visual guide of the arena. Check it out here if you’re reading the book now, had trouble imagining it as described or just want a refresher.