I know I’m behind on this, Initiates, but better late than never, right? Can we talk about the official Divergent movie poster for a second? I feel like I’ve been reading a lot of negative feedback about it, but I think it’s gorgeous. Tris looks amazing. It took me a while to accept the casting of Four, but he’s finally grown on me and he looks great in this poster. And dystopian Chicago is beautiful– loving the ferris wheel. But I digress…
The more exciting news is that the latest trailer has been released and will be shown before The Hunger Games when it opens next week. But of course, you can watch it online now and it’s brimming with new footage worth fangirling over.
Here are my omg! moments:
- 0:22 — The Choosing Ceremony in the Hub, the 5 metal bowls, the audience. This is exactly how I pictured it.
- 0:27 — Dauntless train jumping!
- 0:42 — The Aptitude test and of course, she realizes it’s not real and can control the simulation.
- 1:00 — Tori informs Tris that she’s Divergent. “You can never let them find out about you.”
- 1:17 — Tris is the first Dauntless initiate to jump. “Welcome to Dauntless.” And hello Four!
- 1:38 — The highly anticipated knife throwing scene.
- 1:55 — Four explains his tattoos. This is not how I pictured them, but this way is better. “I don’t want to be just one thing. I want to be brave, and selfless, and intelligent, and honest, and kind.”
- 2:13 — The Chasm — I was never sure how to picture the chasm. I like this.
- 2:16 — Ferris wheel of love 🙂
- 2:22 — Zip lines!
There are so many more awesome moments, but I was on the look out for these. I’m usually very nervous about book to screen adaptations, especially with my last disappointment, City of Bones, so fresh in my memory. From what I’ve seen, though, I really think this movie is going to do the book justice.