This week’s Retail Tuesday is brought to you by my Pinterest boards (I pinned some of these so long ago and completely forgot about them) and a brand name that is SUPER clever: Novel-T. Genius.
“Jerseys are a great way to show support for your heroes–if your heroes happen to be athletes. But what if your heroes are found in the bookstore instead of the ballpark?
Novel-T offers an opportunity to express your support for the all-stars of literature. For those who feel a connection to certain writers or characters–be it Walt Whitman’s expansive exultations, Huck Finn’s mischievous morality, Kurt Vonnegut’s humorous humanism, or Bartleby’s seemingly inscrutable insubordination–these super-soft, slim-fit jersey-style tees are a winning way to wear what you read.”
I’m in. Do you think they’ll custom make a tee? I’m thinking they’re severely lacking in the Tolkien department. But I am also feeling Gatsby and Quixote… the great and the dreamer.
Image credit: usatoday.com
You guys! I can’t tell you the last time I sent legitimate mail to anyone, but I’m about to start finding excuses to send some letters or packages because this is as close to owl post as we’re ever going to get!
According to this USA Today article, the U.S. Postal Service will produce 5 million booklets of 20 First-Class Forever Harry Potter stamps. The limited-edition commemorative stamps have 20 unique images from the eight movies, including Voldemort, Dumbledore and the Weasley brothers.
“In the books and films, Harry Potter’s life changed with a letter, so we couldn’t envision a more fitting tribute to commemorate the world created by J.K. Rowling and brought to life in the Warner Bros. films,” says Brad Globe, president of Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
Image credit: divergentthemovie.com
I know I’m behind on this, Initiates, but better late than never, right? Can we talk about the official Divergent movie poster for a second? I feel like I’ve been reading a lot of negative feedback about it, but I think it’s gorgeous. Tris looks amazing. It took me a while to accept the casting of Four, but he’s finally grown on me and he looks great in this poster. And dystopian Chicago is beautiful– loving the ferris wheel. But I digress…
The more exciting news is that the latest trailer has been released and will be shown before The Hunger Games when it opens next week. But of course, you can watch it online now and it’s brimming with new footage worth fangirling over.
Here are my omg! moments:
- 0:22 — The Choosing Ceremony in the Hub, the 5 metal bowls, the audience. This is exactly how I pictured it.
- 0:27 — Dauntless train jumping!
- 0:42 — The Aptitude test and of course, she realizes it’s not real and can control the simulation.
- 1:00 — Tori informs Tris that she’s Divergent. “You can never let them find out about you.”
- 1:17 — Tris is the first Dauntless initiate to jump. “Welcome to Dauntless.” And hello Four!
- 1:38 — The highly anticipated knife throwing scene.
- 1:55 — Four explains his tattoos. This is not how I pictured them, but this way is better. “I don’t want to be just one thing. I want to be brave, and selfless, and intelligent, and honest, and kind.”
- 2:13 — The Chasm — I was never sure how to picture the chasm. I like this.
- 2:16 — Ferris wheel of love 🙂
- 2:22 — Zip lines!
There are so many more awesome moments, but I was on the look out for these. I’m usually very nervous about book to screen adaptations, especially with my last disappointment, City of Bones, so fresh in my memory. From what I’ve seen, though, I really think this movie is going to do the book justice.